Coconut Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
This easy Coconut Banana Bread recipe with chocolate chips is a fun way to kick your banana bread up a notch. Moist and delicious with a taste of something tropical and loaded with gooey chocolate chips. Only 10 minutes to prep and is certain to be a family favorite!
- 3 very ripe bananas about 1 ½ cup mashed banana
- 1 large egg room temp is best
- 1 ½ c flour
- ½ c butter melted and then slightly cooled
- ⅓ c brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ c shredded coconut divided
- 1 c chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, mash bananas well. Add in egg and whisk together. Mix in butter, vanilla and brown sugar until smooth.
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir.
Fold in ⅔ c chocolate chips and 1 cup of the coconut.
Pour batter into a well greased bread pan and top with remaining chocolate chips and coconut.
Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool before serving (if you can wait that long!)
- I added coconut both inside the bread and on top. The toasted coconut on top is the best! For best results, gently press the coconut and chocolate chips that you sprinkle on top onto the batter so it doesn't fall off when serving nearly as much.
- Dark chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, dairy free chocolate chips--you choose. Whatever kind works best for you or whatever you have in the pantry should work just fine.
- For a gluten free version, a gluten all purpose flour should work just fine. Just make sure it is a 1:1 conversion.
Calories: 309kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 262mg | Potassium: 220mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 258IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2mg