One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese
What do you get when your favorite comfort foods hang out? Simple and delicious One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese! An easy weeknight dinner without any extra dishes or mess!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 c macaroni, uncooked
- 1 onion, small diced
- 1 green bell pepper, small diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 2 c chicken broth
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ T chili powder
- ½ T cumin
- ½ - 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon red pepper or less
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon Sea salt (more or less to taste)
- olive oil
In a large pan or pot, add a drizzle of olive oil over medium high heat and allow to heat up. Add in onion and pepper and cook until onion begins to become translucent.
Add ground beef and cook until browned and cooked through. Make sure to break up any large chunks. Drain if desired to get rid of excess oil.
Add in tomatoes, garlic, kidney beans, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, oregano, red pepper, salt and pepper. Cover and allow to cook for several minutes to slightly thicken and heat up to a low boil.
Add in macaroni and cover once again. Heat another 13-15 minutes or until macaroni is al dente, stirring occasionally.
Before serving, stir in cheese and allow to melt. Enjoy with your favorite toppings!
- The measurements are based off of using regular elbow macaroni pasta. If you decide to use another pasta, it's likely that you may need more or less liquid. Just keep a close eye on it after adding the pasta.
- You don't have to use ground beef for this recipe. You could certainly use ground turkey, chicken, or even a vegetarian ground meat substitute. Any should work just fine!
- Feel free to play around with the heat on this one. I tone it down a bit for Sam, and then add some extra hot sauce or red pepper flakes when the hubby and I dive in.
Calories: 565kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 1034mg | Potassium: 885mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 920IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 364mg | Iron: 5mg