Blueberry Lemon Mug Cake
This simple Blueberry Lemon Mug Cake is a fluffy, moist cake ready in minutes and without all the clean up. Big juicy blueberries and refreshing lemon make this treat for one the best.
- 1 1/2 T butter, melted
- 2 T granulated sugar or sweetener of choice
- ¼ c flour (sub gluten free all purpose flour if needed)
- 2 T milk of choice
- 1 T Greek yogurt, plain (dairy free yogurt if needed)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 10-12 blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- pinch of sea salt
Whisk together sugar, butter until smooth.
Add in vanilla, milk, and yogurt and whisk.
Add in sea salt, zest, baking powder and flour and whisk to combine.
Fold in blueberries.
Microwave on high for about 1 minute and 30 seconds (more or less depending on your microwave.) in a microwave safe mug or dish.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes and dig in!
- Always make sure your baking powder is fresh and not expired. This can be one of the biggest issues in baked goods aside form improper measuring. Or maybe it's just the top offender for me as I have been known to keep baking powder in the pantry waaaaaaay past expiration. Oops!
- Want something more like a traditional blueberry muffin? Skip the lemon! So basically this mug cake is a two for one, you're welcome!
- The other things to note is that microwaves are not all equal. The time to heat may vary microwave to microwave, so you may have to play a bit of trial and error in the beginning.
- If you prefer to bake this in the oven. Bake at 350°F for about 10-15 minutes.
Calories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 172mg | Potassium: 244mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 525IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 1mg