Baked Chicken Meatballs with Parmesan and Rosemary
Simple baked chicken meatballs with parmesan and fresh rosemary are prepped in just ten minutes. Add them to your favorite pasta dish, simmer in marinara or grab a toothpick and enjoy a simple appetizer.
Servings: 21 meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ½ c breadcrumbs gluten free if needed
- 1 egg
- ⅓ c grated parmesan
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp fresh Rosemary, chopped (½ tsp for dried rosemary)
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly cracked pepper
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a medium bowl, whisk egg well. Add in all other ingredients and mix well.
Add a touch of olive oil to your hands to prevent sticking and roll into balls.
Place on a parchment lined or greased baking pan.
Bake for about 18-22 minutes or until golden brown and at an internal temperature of 165°F.
Add to your favorite pasta dish, or grab some toothpicks and dig in!
Refrigerate or freeze leftovers if desired.
- You can cook these meatballs by simmering in a marinara sauce for about 20-25 minutes. Feel free to brown them slightly for about 2-3 minutes before adding the marinara.
- You don't want to overcook these as they will dry out. Check the internal temperature right at the 17/18 minute mark.
- You can freeze these meatballs. Freezer them cooked or uncooked! For best results, flash freeze them by placing them in the freezer on a plate or baking pan lined up and not touching. Wait until they freeze and then remove the plate and allow them all to settle. This way you don't end up with clumps of meatballs stuck together.
- Feel free to prep these a day in advance. Make them and roll them out into balls and then cook them the next day before serving.
Calories: 52kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 125mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 33IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg