Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Cookies
Simple and delicious cookies with hearty oats, cinnamon and the perfect icing drizzle. This Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Cookies recipe is a fun way to start the day. Simple ingredients and done from start to finish in 30 minutes!
Servings: 18 cookies
- 1 ½ c quick oats
- ¾ c white whole wheat flour
- 2 T oil
- ¼ c butter
- 1 egg
- ½ T cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ c pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, whisk butter, egg and vanilla. Stir in maple and oil.
In another bowl, mix oats, flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
Add dry ingredients into wet and mix to combine.
Spoon onto parchment lined baking sheet and gently press them as they will not spread much at all. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
For best results, add drizzle when cookies are cool. Whisk ingredients together and add to a small plastic bag. Cut small slit and then drizzle each cookie.
- If you don't want a super sugary icing, I have used plain Greek yogurt, maple syrup and a little bit of milk to thin it out. Drizzle on top just as you would the regular icing. For this version, I typically don't ice until serving or I just store them in the fridge.
- Do not over bake these. Trust me! It is better to take them out too early than too late. They will be super dry and nobody wants that!
- Feel free to add in raisins, nuts, chocolate chips or any other delicious add ins! This breakfast cookies recipe has a lot of options to switch it up and add in plenty of extra goodness!
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 90mg | Potassium: 78mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 93IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg