Peppermint Dark Chocolate Pretzel Bark
This Peppermint Dark Chocolate Pretzel Bark is full of rich dark chocolate, salty pretzels and pieces of candy cane. This simple treat is a holiday crowd pleaser!
- 1 bag dark chocolate chips (12 oz.) dairy free/allergy friendly if needed
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 1 ½ c mini pretzel twists (approx.)
- ⅓ c candy canes, crushed or about 8-10 mini candy canes, 3 large candy canes
- holiday or festive sprinkles, if desired
Place candy canes in a plastic bag and crush using a wooden spoon.
Line the bottom of an 9x9 inch pan with parchment paper and then spread pretzels evenly.
Microwave the chocolate in 20 second increments, stirring well between each heating.
Once melted, remove from heat and add peppermint extract and half of the candy canes and stir.
Pour slowly over pretzels and shuffle pan in all directions and then spread over top with a spatula to cover as much as possible.
Sprinkle remaining candy canes on top and freeze for about 15 minutes.
Once bark has hardened, break into pieces and enjoy! Store at room temperature in an air tight container for about 1 week.
- If you are worried about the candy canes being a bit too much, crush them up really small. That way no one will lose a tooth but you can still enjoy this crunchy chocolate pretzel bark with candy canes!
- If you cook the chocolate too long, it will scald and there will be no returning. I advise heating until almost all of the chocolate chips are melted. From there, you can just keep stirring and the heat will melt it all the rest of the way.
- No candy canes? Peppermint candies will work as well!
Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 193mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 1mg