Baked Apple Donuts with Apple Cider Glaze
These simple Baked Apple Cinnamon Donuts are so simple to make. Ready in under 30 minutes and with a perfect apple cider glaze on top! The perfect fall breakfast!
Servings: 12 donuts
For the Donuts:
- 1 c flour
- 1 egg
- ½ c milk
- 2 T butter melted
- ⅓ c Greek Yogurt
- ½ c sugar
- 1 apple, med-small I prefer gala or fuji
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Glaze:
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 3-4 T apple cider
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel and dice the apple.
In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, egg, sugar, vanilla, butter and yogurt.
In a separate bowl, combine baking powder, flour, sea salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients and then fold in apples.
Spoon or pipe batter into a greased donut pan and bake for about 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely and then whisk together glaze ingredients. Spread the glaze over top of the donuts. For best results, store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days in an airtight container.
- If you don't have any apple cider, simply use milk or cream for the liquid in the glaze.
- For a really nice glaze to set, you want the donuts COMPLETELY cooled before you ice them. If not, the glaze will melt into the donuts. This is not always a bad thing though!
- I use plain Greek yogurt in my apple donuts. You could use a vanilla Greek yogurt as well and have great results.
- Make sure to spray the top of your donut pan as well. That way it is easy to get the donuts out in case they bake over at all.
Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 104IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg