Blueberry Lemon Overnight Oats
This Blueberry Lemon Overnight Oats recipe is so easy and ready in the morning for you! Chia seeds, almond milk, fresh blueberries and more are a healthy way to start your morning. Can be made vegan as well!
- ½ c rolled oats
- ½ c milk of choice
- 2 teaspoon chia seeds
- ¼ c blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 teaspoon maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- Dash of sea salt
- 2 T shredded coconut (optional)
Combine all ingredients into a jar or container that can be sealed.
Stir well to combine.
Chill overnight or at least for 4 hours.
Enjoy warm or fresh from the fridge in the morning!
For more lemon flavor, I add a couple spoonfuls of lemon yogurt. However I did not add that to the actual recipe because lemon yogurt is not the easiest to find lately!
- You can really use your favorite milk to make these Blueberry Lemon Overnight Oats. I actually use coconut milk a lot in this recipe. I have also used whole milk and almond milk. All are great!
- Eat your overnight oatmeal straight from the fridge but if that is not for you, warm them up before eating them.
- If you want to use frozen blueberries, you may want to either thaw them first or lighten up the amount of milk slightly. The berries will add some moisture as they thaw and you certainly don't want to overdo it.
- While you can use steel cut oats to make these, I do not suggest it. Steel cut oats will still be very chewy. Some people like that--it's not for me.
Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 343mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 198IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 209mg | Iron: 3mg