Salted Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie
Cookies are amazing, but skillet cookies are ten times more amazing! This simple Salted Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie is the warm, gooey cookie you can eat with a spoon and it's ready in no time and with little effort. Now that's a treat!
- 1 egg
- ¼ c salted butter, melted
- ½ c peanut butter
- ¼ c brown sugar
- ¼ c maple syrup
- 1 c almond flour
- 1 T milk of choice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt plus more for top if desired
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, whisk egg to beat.
Add in maple, butter, vanilla, and milk and whisk. Add brown sugar and whisk.
Stir in peanut butter to combine.
In another bowl, combine, almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt and stir.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir to combine.
Pour dough into an 8" cast iron skillet coated with desired oil to season.
Sprinkle extra sea salt over the dough.
Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until edges begin to brown and cookie is cooked through. (I like mine to be a bit gooey still so I can eat it with a spoon, 18 minutes please!)
Allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes before eating. (Ha, like that is gonna happen...)
- Almond flour, even the finest can still be a slight bit gritty. The cookie my have a bit of that texture that comes through. Still tastes AMAZING if you ask me.
- I use natural creamy peanut butter--the kind you have to stir. I recommend it in any recipe. It's much thinner and easy to stir. I find the store brand I get is a great price and does the job well. I use Kroger brand a lot! Crazy Richard's is my other FAVORITE.
- I bake mine 18-20 minutes so it still has a gooey center. If that is not for you, cook it closer to 22 minutes or so.
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 248mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 207IU | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1mg