Loaded Chickpea Blondies
Not sure what to do with the can of chickpeas sitting in the pantry? Make these simple and fun protein filled Peanut Butter Chickpea Blondies! Loaded with chocolate chips, coconut and more--don't knock them until you try them!
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed (approx. 15 oz.) rinsed
- ½ c peanut butter
- ⅓ c plus 1 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ c unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ - ⅔ c dark chocolate chips
- ¼ c crushed pretzels (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Add the chickpeas, maple syrup and vanilla to food processor and process to break down until a smooth paste. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times.
Add in the peanut butter, coconut, sea salt, baking soda and baking powder and process until smooth aside from bits of coconut. Fold in the chocolate chips and pretzels (if desired) and stir to combine.
Spread batter into a parchment lined 6x8 or small baking dish.
Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or almost entirely clean.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Melt some chocolate chips and add an extra drizzle if desired!
- You can store these in an air tight container for about 3 days at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- If you cut into these Peanut Butter Chickpea Blondies before they cool, they easily fall apart. If you are cool with that, then dive on in right away!
- You can also eat this straight from the food processor as "cookie dough" if you want! I often don't get it all in the pan!
Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 248mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 7IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1mg