Protein Overnight Oats
Wake up to a hearty, protein packed breakfast with these Peanut Butter Banana Protein Overnight Oats. Freshly sliced bananas, peanut butter, oats and all the goodness make this breakfast the fuel you need to keep on going all morning!
- ½ c rolled oats regular or gluten free
- ½ small banana sliced
- ⅔ c unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- ½ T chia seeds
- ½ - 1 T protein powder
- ½ - 1 T natural creamy peanut butter or any other nut or seed butter
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 - 3 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- dash of sea salt
Combine oats, chia seeds, maple, peanut butter, vanilla, protein powder, and salt and stir to combine.
Add in milk and stir.
Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least for about 4 hours. Add sliced bananas just before serving.
- If your protein powder tastes awful, it's not going to taste great in these oats. There are some really foul protein powders out there. Find one that you love. Don't think that the flavor will be masked by adding it to this recipe. I already made that mistake! Need help picking one out? Check out all of these protein powders!
- Make this protein packed oatmeal vegan. Make sure you have a plant based protein powder and use a nut or seed milk. That should do the trick as all the other ingredients are plant based as well.
- Do I have to add protein powder to these overnight oats? Nope! Protein powder just isn't for everyone and I get that. Plus, it can be pricy. So just skip it if you would like.
- Add the bananas right before serving. Cut them up just before serving and toss them in. I highly suggest doing this if you are making several servings at a time and know you will be eating them over several days.
Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 269mg | Potassium: 490mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 304mg | Iron: 3mg