Vegan Quesadillas with Black Beans and Avocado
Need a quick weeknight dinner? Try these easy Vegan Quesadillas with black beans and avocado along with corn, cilantro and spices. This recipe is so simple and ready in 10 minutes.
- 2-3 large burrito sized tortillas whole wheat or gluten free if desired
- 2 very ripe avocado
- ½ c precooked black beans rinsed
- ¼ c corn
- 2 T diced red onion
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Handful chopped cilantro
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- olive oil
In a small mixing bowl, mash avocado. Add in garlic, sea salt, pepper, lime juice and red pepper and stir.
Add in cilantro, beans, corn, and onion. Stir to combine.
Heat 1 T olive oil in a skillet. While heating up, spoon half of the avocado mixture on half of a tortilla. Fold over to close. Repeat with other tortilla. You are ready to heat these up!
Heat one side of the quesadilla in the pan until becomes browned.
Flip and heat other side until browned.
Repeat with second tortilla.
Enjoy immediately with a side of salsa or Greek yogurt and a cilantro garnish if desired.
- Make sure your avocados are nice and ripe. You should be able to easily squeeze them and feel softness when you do so. If they are not ripe enough, this recipe won't be as great. Promise.
- For a spicy kick to your vegan quesadillas, Add in some diced jalapeño.
- Gently cut the quesadillas as the avocado mixture tends to come out the sides if you press down too hard. It just makes for a big mess. A tasty one though!
- I have also sautéed the onion, corn and black beans for just a minute or so before adding them to the avocado mixture and thought it was delish. But that certainly adds another step, so if you are low on time, just skip it.
Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 839mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 265IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 3mg