Cucumber Quinoa Salad with Feta
This fresh and flavorful Cucumber Quinoa Salad with Feta combines fresh dill with hearty quinoa, cucumber and red pepper. Tossed with olive oil and fresh garlic for the perfect salad for any occasion--a fresh salad with a mediterranean flair
- 1 c quinoa, uncooked about 3 cups cooked
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- ¼ c red onion finely diced
- 1 medium English cucumber
- 1 ½ c feta cheese crumbles
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- juice of one lemon
- ⅓ c olive oil
- ⅔ c chopped walnuts
- 1 - 2 T chopped fresh dill chopped
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
Prepare quinoa according to package and allow to cool. Chop veggies and dill. Cucumbers work best cut in quarters. In a medium mixing bowl, combine quinoa, pepper, cucumber, walnuts, dill and onion and stir to mix well.
In a small bowl, juice lemon and add garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil. Whisk to combine.
Pour mixture over salad and stir to coat evenly.
Add feta and stir to combine.
Chill for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy! Refrigerate leftovers and toss in an extra drizzle if a bit dry when serving next day.
- To make this mediterranean quinoa salad dairy free, simply omit the feta cheese. I know there are now vegan feta cheeses out there so maybe you can opt for that!
- To save time, you can prep your quinoa in advance. You can also buy it frozen or in the little microwave packs. Just check to make sure there isn't any seasoning on the quinoa.
- Make it a meal! Toss some grilled chicken or salmon right on top!
Calories: 314kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 466mg | Potassium: 274mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 635IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 2mg