Zucchini Oatmeal Pancakes
Sneak some extra veggies into these Zucchini Pancakes and enjoy your favorite sweet bread for breakfast. Made with hearty oats, crunchy pecans, a hint of cinnamon and all the flavor! No one will guess there are veggies in these!
Servings: 8 pancakes (approximately)
- 1 ½ c oat flour gluten free if desired
- ½ c shredded zucchini packed
- 1 c whole milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 T oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ c chopped pecans or walnuts optional
In a mixing bowl, whisk egg well.
Add in other liquid ingredients and whisk to combine.
Add in dry ingredients and stir to combine.
Finally stir in zucchini and pecans.
Allow to sit for about 5-10 minutes for best results.
If the mixture seems thick, add in an extra one or two tablespoons of milk
Over medium heat, pour batter to preferred size pancakes and heat until bubbles form around the edges. Flip and heat until cooked through.
Enjoy immediately with some more maple and pecans to garnish!
- You can use oats as well to make the flour so that is always nice to have the option. You will need to use about 1 ⅔ cups rolled oats or so to get the right amount.
- You can make these oat flour pancakes dairy free. I have used almond milk many times when making these as well and they still turned out nice and fluffy.
- For a basic oatmeal pancake, just skip the zucchini and make them as is without it. Still great!
Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 100mg | Potassium: 226mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 1mg