These Zucchini Bars are full of oats, fresh zucchini, juicy raisins and a perfect hint of cinnamon. The best of zucchini bread in a bar. The easiest to put together--a nice crumbly summer treat!
- 1 ½ c rolled oats regular or gluten free
- 1 ½ c flour
- ¾ c brown sugar
- 1 c butter, melted
- 1 c zucchini, shredded
- ½ c raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, sea salt and baking powder and stir until fully incorporated. Add in melted butter, vanilla, zucchini, and raisins and stir to combine.
Transfer to an 8x8in baking pan lined with parchment and spritzed with spray oil. Press mixture firmly into the pan.
Bake for about 25 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.
Allow to cool fully before cutting for best results!
- If you want your zucchini bars a bit more structured, leave them into for a few extra minutes. I prefer mine to still have a level of moist chewiness--not quite underdone, but certainly not baked 100%
- Enjoy these bars as is, or crumble over yogurt or ice cream for a fun option.
- Add in 1/2 cup of chopped nuts if desired. We never put nuts in our zucchini bread so adding them to these doesn't do it for me.
- Cream cheese frosting on top anyone??? That or a nice little drizzle or glaze is great too!
Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 180mg | Potassium: 131mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 370IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg