Watermelon Feta Salad with Avocado
Enjoy a simple, delicious summer salad with this Watermelon Feta Salad with Avocado. Fresh and juicy watermelon, avocado, red onion, lots of freshly chopped cilantro and crumbles of feta make this easy salad recipe so delicious and refreshing.
- 5 c cubed watermelon
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ c feta
- ¼ c red onion diced
- ½ c cilantro chopped
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Optional add in: arugula
Remove skin from avocado and cut into bite sized pieces.
In a medium bowl, combine watermelon, cilantro, red onion, feta and avocado and gently mix together.
Whisk together vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
Pour dressing over salad and stir to coat. Top with more feta if desired.
Chill for 20-30 minutes.
Enjoy on a hot summer day. Serve over a bed of arugula if desired or mix it right into the salad!
- I have found this tutorial to be the best guide for cutting watermelon. If you avoid cutting watermelons, don't. They really aren't as daunting as we make them out to be.
- You can actually make this watermelon salad without any of the olive oil or balsamic. The natural juices from the watermelon will be enough to bring it all together.
- I find this salad is best when made the same day you plan on serving it. If you need to make it a day in advance, wait to add the feta and balsamic vinegar until before serving. Make sure to add a generous amount of lemon juice as well to help keep the avocado from browning.
Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 221mg | Potassium: 741mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1442IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 1mg