Mixed Berry Oatmeal Bars
Mixed Berry Oatmeal Bars are a perfect summer treat everyone will love! Bursting with fresh berries and hearty oats, and just the right hint of cinnamon.
- 1 ½ c quick oats
- 1 ½ c flour
- 1 c brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 c butter, melted
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 ½ c mixed berries, fresh or frozen (thawed if frozen)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 3 T sugar (more if berries are super tart)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a bowl, mix together sugar, lemon juice, berries and corn starch and mix to combine. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, sea salt, and baking powder and whisk together.
Add in melted butter and vanilla and stir to combine. Mixture will be somewhat crumbly, and that is ok.
In an 8x8 in. pan, lined with parchment, press 2/3 of the oat mixture firmly into the pan. Add the berry mixture on top to cover evenly.
Sprinkle over the rest of the oat mixture to cover the berries.
Place in the oven and bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until berries are bubbling and oats on the top are browned.
Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- If your berries are a bit tart or sour, I suggest using a touch more sugar.
- For easier and cleaner cut bars, refrigerate these berry oat bars for several hours before cutting. This makes for much less of a mess!
- Eat chilled or warm them up before serving. Topped with vanilla ice cream is always a win!
- For gluten free bars, use gluten free oats and an all purpose gluten free 1:1 flour.
Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 241mg | Potassium: 180mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 488IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg