Cauliflower Rice Salad
This simple Cauliflower Rice Salad with black beans is packed with veggies and lots of flavor. Tossed with a simple cilantro lime dressing, this is a delicious side dish that can be tossed together in just 15 minutes. Serve along side tacos or grilled chicken and toss in some cubed avocado as well!
- 1 small head cauliflower approx. 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 can or 2 cups black beans rinsed (pre-cooked)
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ c mukimame
- ½ c corn kernels
- 1 small jalepeño or green chile optional
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 -3 garlic cloves minced
- ⅓ c chopped cilantro
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
Chop and dice all of the veggies and prepare the cauliflower rice if necessary. (Rinse cauliflower and remove florets from stem. Add to food processor. Pulse cauliflower until the size of rice. (you can also do this in a blender on a very low speed or grate with a box grater)
Add all the veggies and rinsed black beans to a mixing bowl.
Add oil, vinegar, crushed red pepper, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to coat and combine.
Chill for about 15 minutes before serving to really allow flavor to set.
- Storing Instructions: You can store this cauliflower rice salad for about 4-5 days in an air tight container in the refrigerator. The cauliflower stays fairly crisp even after several days. I do not suggest freezing this salad.
- Adjust the spice level to your liking. If you love more spice, you can add extra jalapeño. Or, if you do not like much spice, omit it or just use half of the pepper.
- Other ingredients you may enjoy adding into this salad: grape tomatoes, diced avocado (don't add until just before serving), feta or cotija cheese, cucumber, pinto or other beans.
- You can prep this recipe in advance. If you are serving this salad and want to get a head start, you can make it a day in advance. This allows the flavors to really soak in. Toss with extra olive oil if needed before serving.
Calories: 193kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 279mg | Potassium: 602mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 714IU | Vitamin C: 75mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 2mg