Zucchini Beef Meatballs
Servings: 18 meatballs
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg
- ⅓ bread crumbs or panko regular or gluten free
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 small zucchini, grated (about ½ packed well)
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 2 jars marinara, 24 oz. (for stove top)
Shred zucchini with a grater.
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
Roll into approximately 1 ½ to 2 inch balls.
Place on a parchment lined baking pan. Place in oven and bake for about 17-20 minutes or until cooked through.
Allow to cool for a few minutes, wipe any excess grease and serve.
Store extras in freezer or refrigerator.
- These meatballs with zucchini are freezer friendly. After cooking you can place them in an airtight, freezer safe container. Freeze for up to about 3 months. You can freeze the marinara right along with the meatballs if you cooked them stove top. To re-heat, thaw and cook stove top until heated through.
- If re-heating leftovers, I suggest cutting each meatball into quarters for more even heating.
- You could use ground turkey or chicken for these as well. I have made them with turkey quite a few times when ground turkey was on sale big time.
Calories: 78kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 101mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 43IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg