Homemade Bark Thins
If you love Bark Thins candy, you will LOVE this homemade version! Dark Chocolate Almond with Sea Salt flavored and so simple to make. You get 3 times as much of this versions at the store bought price!
- 1 c package dark chocolate chips (12 oz.)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
Place almonds in a plastic bag and seal. Using a sturdy wood spoon or an ice mallet, pound the almonds until they are chopped into small pieces mixed with crumbs.
Set almonds aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, add chocolate chips. Microwave in 25 second increments, stirring each time. Continue until melted--the key is not to overdo it. When almost all of the chips are melted, stirring a bit extra will get the rest and not overheat the chocolate.
Pour crushed almonds, vanilla and all of the sea salt except for a pinch into the bowl and stir to combine.
Line a 9x13inch baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the mixture over top and spread evenly with a spoon or spatula. Sprinkle with remaining sea salt.
Allow to set in the freezer for about 30 min.
Remove from the freezer and break into pieces.
Store in the freezer of refrigerator.
- If freezer space is tight and you cannot get baking sheet in easily, split this up over two baking pans or even plates to help fit more easily.
- For best results, make sure not to overheat the chocolate. Make sure to remove the chocolate from heat BEFORE it is completely melted. If it overcooks, it will become thick and stiff. Scalded chocolate is never a fun thing.
- You can keep these in the freezer or fridge. To be honest, they can stay at room temperature as well, but I find that they sometimes soften a bit if I keep them out of the fridge.
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 263mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 1mg