Roasted Pear Salad with White Balsamic Dressing
A fresh, simple salad everyone will love. This Roasted Pear Salad with a simple white balsamic dressing is full of flavor, crunchy pecans and pairs well with any dinner. Add grilled chicken or salmon on top for a full meal!
- 3 pears
- 12 oz. Spring Green Mix
- ⅓ cup pomegranate arils
- ½ cup pecan halves
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 T olive oil
- 3 T white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper or more to taste
- Sea salt to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Cut pears into thin, bite sized pieces.
In a small mixing bowl, toss pears, coconut oil and maple until pears are evenly coated.
Place pears on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer.
Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until softened and slightly browned.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
In another small bowl, combine all ingredients for the dressing and whisk thoroughly.
In a salad bowl, combine pecans, pomegranate arils and greens.
Add the pears on top.
Add dressing about 10 minutes before serving and toss to combine.
- As mentioned above, Bosc or Anjou pears work best for roasting. They will hold together well.
- To make this salad ahead of time, roast the pears and set aside. Toss salad ingredients together and whisk dressing ingredients. Chill until ready to serve. Toss pears and dressing with salad ingredients just before serving.
- Fresh burrata cheese, feta or even goat cheese are great to add to this roasted pear salad as well!
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 29mg | Potassium: 293mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 4226IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1mg