5 Minute Vegan Overnight Oats
Breakfast prep that takes only 5 minutes and then is ready in the morning? That's what these Vegan Overnight Oats are! Simple to whip up and can sit in the fridge for several days. Hearty oatmeal with the perfect touch of maple and fresh cherries!
- ½ cup rolled oats regular or gluten free
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk, unsweetened (or dairy free milk of choice)
- 1 teaspoon almond butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoon maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- Dash of sea salt
- 2 teaspoon sliced almonds optional
- 5-7 cherries (fresh or frozen), sliced optional
Slice cherries into halves or quarters. Combine all ingredients into a jar or container that can be sealed. Stir well to combine.
Seal and store in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
Add an extra splash of milk before serving if oats are too thick and enjoy hot or cold and on the go!
- Storing these vegan overnight oats: to store, refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You may want to add an extra splash of milk when serving if too much milk is absorbed and the oatmeal is too thick.
- If you need to make this nut free, opt for a dairy free milk option that does not contain nuts. Then omit the almond butter. You can substitute a seed butter if preferred. But the recipe will be great still without nut butter.
Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 167mg | Potassium: 365mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 225mg | Iron: 2mg