Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
These Simple Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls are an easy way to bring dinner to the table without all the time and hassle. Juicy shredded chicken, black beans, and the right amount of spice--plus, the topping options are endless!
For Slow Cooker
- 1 ½ lb. chicken breast
- 1 can black beans (15 oz.) rinsed
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz.)
- 1 large green chile pepper diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 T cumin
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 T lime juice
- Sea Salt to taste
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
Burrito Bowl Contents/Extras
- 2 cups cooked rice in a rush? Use frozen!
- 1 avocado
- lime wedges
- 1 roma tomato diced
- Romaine lettuce
- shredded cheese
Place chicken breasts at the bottom of the slow cooker. Cover with cumin, chili powder, red pepper, sea salt and pepper. Add green chile, onion, garlic, tomatoes, and black beans. Stir the ingriedients on top of the chicken to mix evenly. Cover and cook.
Allow to cook for about 4-5 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
About 30 minutes before eating or when chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F, turn to warm and, using two fork, pull chicken apart to shred. It should come apart very easily.
Prep all of the desired bowl ingredients and then add mixture from crock pot to each bowl and top with your favorite ingredients!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
*Nutrition facts based on chicken mixture only.
- In a pinch, I have used frozen chicken to make this chicken burrito bowl recipe. There are people that say it is not ideal, but sometimes that is just the way it goes. I cook the frozen chicken a bit longer typically depending on how thick the chicken is. Just make sure to test for the internal temperature of 165°F.
- Set up a burrito bowl bar for the crowd. You can set out lots of toppings and keep the chicken in the slow cooker on warm. The whole crew can serve up a bowl they love.
- These make great chicken tacos as well as a great taco salad topper. So many ways honestly to enjoy this recipe aside from a chicken burrito bowl.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 307mg | Potassium: 876mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 572IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 4mg