Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
A perfect cozy breakfast that requires only 10 minutes of prep--this Blueberry Baked Oatmeal is hearty and delicious. Simple to make ahead and have breakfast ready for you in the morning. Add a drizzle of maple and you are all set!
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats regular or gluten free
- 1 ½ cup milk of choice
- ¼ c butter, melted
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1½ cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In a mixing bowl, combine egg, butter, milk and vanilla and whisk well to combine. Add in the brown sugar and cinnamon and whisk.
In a separate bowl, combine baking powder, sea salt, and oats and stir to combine. Add them into the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
Stir in the blueberries and pecans.
Pour mixture into an 9x9 inch baking pan lined with parchment or greased with spray oil.
Bake for about 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and all liquid is absorbed.
Allow to cool and serve with a drizzle of maple, butter, yogurt or extra blueberries on top. Store in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days and warm up before serving.
- Fully cooked, this baked oatmeal will be set enough to even grab with your hands and hold. However, if you under cook it by about 5 minutes, it is great as well. I like to do this sometimes and then eat it with a spoon, broken up in little pieces over yogurt.
- This baked oatmeal is not super sweet. If you want it on the sweeter side, you can add a touch more brown sugar. I like to add maple over top so I didn't want it to be overly sweet.
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 203mg | Potassium: 250mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 263IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 1mg