Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
Simple and cozy, this Banana Baked Oatmeal is a perfect way to start the day. Hearty oats, a hint of cinnamon, bananas, maple and more make this easy recipe a hit with the whole family!
- 2 1/2 c rolled oats regular or gluten free
- 1 1/2 cup milk of choice ( I use whole)
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-2 T brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 T butter melted
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 c chopped pecans, walnuts or sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Add in melted butter and whisk. Next add the maple, vanilla and egg and whisk until egg is fully incorporated. Finally, add milk, cinnamon and brown sugar and stir well. (You really can add in all the wet ingredients at once, but I find it easier to just do a few at a time. Whatever works best for you!
In a small bowl, stir together baking powder, oats and salt. Pour into the the wet mixture and stir to combine.
Pour into a 9X9 or a small casserole dish (mine here is about a 2 quart and is 8x11 and works well too.)
Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the edges just start to brown.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup or with a few slices of banana for garnish.
- Even though you slice this up, it's still more or less a dish that you eat with a fork or spoon. So take full advantage of that with all the delicious garnishes: yogurt, maple syrup, whipped cream, you name it!
- After making this banana baked oatmeal, cut it into individual slices and place into single serving storage containers. That will make on the go mornings so simple for everyone!
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 317mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 187IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 1mg