Banana Chia Seed Pudding
You only need a handful of ingredients for this simple breakfast or snack. This Banana Chia Seed Pudding includes a touch of cinnamon for the perfect flavor, maple sweetened and so simple to whip up. Did I mention you only need 5 minutes to prep?
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 - 2 T 100% pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
In a medium bowl or a jar (that you will seal later to shake), mash banana.
Add milk, vanilla, cinnamon and maple syrup and mix well to combine.
Add chia seeds and whisk to combine or seal container and shake thoroughly until combined.
Place sealed container into the refrigerator and chill for at least 4 hours to set firmly. For best results, stir the mixture up a couple times after chilling and before serving. (about 30 minutes or so after, and maybe a couple hours later)
To serve, garnish with some cinnamon, sliced bananas and maybe even some chopped walnuts or pecans.
- If you are worried that the texture of chia seeds, you can make your Banana Chia Seed Pudding smooth by putting the mixture in a high powered blender and blending until smooth. Do this before step 6 when everything is already mixed together for best results.
- Chia seeds can clump up very easily. When adding them into the bowl of milk and banana, whisk right away to keep from any clumping. Stir the mixture a couple of times after chilling to keep any new clumps from forming.
- Sweeten to your liking--the banana will already bring some natural sweetness. If you don't like things too sweet, you can even sweeten the pudding before serving.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 168mg | Potassium: 263mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 308mg | Iron: 2mg