The Best No Bake Brownies
These are the best No Bake Brownies you will ever whip up! So simple to make and only about 10 minutes to prep. A rich, fudgy frosting on top of these rich, chocolate date sweetened brownies will wow everyone. They will be a new favorite treat!
- 2 ½ cup raw pecans or cashews
- 1 c medjool dates pitted
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp espresso powder optional
- Dash of sea salt optional
- 1-2 T milk of choice
- ⅓ c coconut oil (use refined if you don't want the coconut flavor)
- ⅓ c cocoa powder (heaping)
- 2 T maple or agave
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of sea salt
In a food processor, process pecans until fine and grainy. Pecans tend to release oil a bit faster than other nuts so they may get oily as well at this point.
Add in all other ingredients (except the milk) and process until a ball of dough starts to form. If the dough seems dry, add in milk one tablespoon at a time.
Press the dough FIRMLY into a parchment lined pan. (a 6x8 pan would probably work best because it will fill the entire pan but if you don't have one just press into one corner and there may be leftover space. You can make these thicker by using a smaller pan.
Whisk together all ingredients for the icing together until smooth. Spread icing over the brownies until covered and return to the refrigerator. Chill for another 10-15 minutes ( if you can wait that long!) Enjoy.
- When I say press the dough into the pan, I mean PRESS. Like put all of your wait and force into it! You will get a much better brownie.
- For a less sweet snack, you can skip the icing. If you prefer Lara Bar like energy bars, then making these no bake brownies into that is also a great option for a snack to fuel your day.
- You could also skip this icing and opt for a rich Chocolate Buttercream frosting which if you ask me sounds PERFECT.
- For best texture, let these sit out of the fridge for about 10 minutes before eating. It will allow the icing to soften a bit.
Calories: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 306mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 33IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1mg