3 Bean Avocado Corn Salad
This simple 3 Bean Avocado Corn Salad is a dip or a salad that is certainly a way to eat the rainbow. Packed with flavor and veggies, along with three beans and avocado, this can be a perfect addition to any spread. Serve with chips or on top of tacos, fajitas and more!
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained 15 oz.
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained 15oz.
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and draines 15 oz.
- 5 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeds removed, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced seeds removed, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeds removed, diced
- ½ red onion, small diced
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers diced (seeds removed for less spice)
- 1½ cup corn
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ c olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2-3 ripe avocado cubed
- ⅔ cup chopped cilantro
Combine all of the ingredients except for the avocado and stir well to combine.
Gently stir in the cubed avocado unless you aren't serving it until the following day, then wait until about 30 minutes before serving.
Chill for about 30 minutes before serving. Store in an air tight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days, tossing well before eating.
- Wait to add the avocado until serving. To keep the avocado from browning too much before serving, add it into the avocado corn salad just a few minutes before serving. I sometimes will add it about 30 minutes ahead of serving so it can soak up some of the flavors.
- You can adjust the bean options to your liking. If there is a certain bean you don't like in the mix, swap out one of there others or add in some garbanzo beans in the omitted bean's place.
- You can serve this salad/dip in so many more ways than with chips. Add it on top of tacos, over grilled chicken or fish, mix it in with a salad--lots of different options. Don't get me wrong, dipping is great and I encourage you to do so with at least a few chips. But this also makes a lot of dip and you may have options.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 425mg | Potassium: 643mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 756IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 2mg