5 Minute Fried Bananas
All you need is 5 minutes and you will have this gooey, delicious maple fried bananas. Sweet and caramelized in minutes and so versatile. A treat in itself or pair it with your favorite ice cream!
- 2 bananas sliced to ½ to ¾ inch thickness
- 2 teaspoon oil or butter coconut oil is my preference
- 2 T maple syrup or honey
- pinch of sea salt optional
In a frying pan, heat coconut oil over medium high heat. Add the maple syrup and pinch of sea salt (if desired) o the pan.
Place bananas into pan and allow to cook evenly for about 1 ½-2 minutes.
Flip one banana slice to check for a golden brown color. Flip the bananas when browned.
Cook for another 1 ½ -2 minutes.
Serve immediately with chopped nuts or even a dash of cinnamon.
- The nature of these bananas cooked up in syrup doesn't make for great leftovers. Ideally, you will want to eat them right away so plan accordingly. You can warm them up the next day and they will still be edible, but the freshness of caramelized bananas is unmatched the next day.
- For best results, use bananas that are no longer green and are a nice yellow shade. You want them to be firm and not overly mushy.
Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 445mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 76IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg