Chopped Ramen Cabbage Salad
Simple and delicious, this Ramen Cabbage Salad packs in all the crunch! Chopped cabbage, ramen noodles, sliced almonds and more make this crisp salad one that everyone will love. An easy peanut dressing to top it all off!
For the Salad
- 1 bag cole slaw mix (16 oz.) chopped
- ½ head of purple cabbage chopped
- 2-3 green onions chopped
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- ½ c sliced almonds
- 1 package ramen noodles (3 oz.)
Chop/cut vegetables accordingly and combine in a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
For the dressing, whisk all ingredients together aside from the water in a small mixing bowl. Add water to thin out if desired.
Either pour dressing over salad and toss to combine, or wait until ready to serve to add dressing. (Add desired amount of dressing, you don't have to use the entire amount.) Toss in crushed up ramen noodles and peanuts just before serving. Top with extra cilantro for garnish.
Refrigerate leftovers in sealed containers.
- For easier prep, buy pre-chopped veggies! Why do you think I used the Cole slaw mix?! I can get a package for $1.49 at the grocery. $1.49? Yes, that kind of price is what I am talking about.
- Adjust the dressing to your desired thickness. Not all peanut butters are created equally. I use the really drippy natural kind so it is a bit thinner. You may need to thin yours out a bit more with some extra water.
- Make this salad a meal: add some grilled chicken, salmon, or even some grilled steak. For vegan, you can add some tofu as well. Mukimame is another great option to add. Sliced almonds instead of the peanuts are also great!
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 625mg | Potassium: 663mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1894IU | Vitamin C: 110mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 2mg