Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Cookies for breakfast are always a great idea! These Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies are a hearty and nourishing way to start the day. Prepped in less than 15 minutes and full of peanut butter, oats, banana and maple sweetened. Kid approved!
Servings: 16 cookies
- 1 ⅔ c quick cooking oats regular or gluten free
- 1 ½ very ripe banana, (about ⅔ cup mashed)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ c maple syrup
- 2 T unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T ground flax
- ½ tsp sea salt
Optional add ins
- dark chocolate chips
- chopped nuts
- dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 350°
In a mixing bowl, mash banana until smooth.
Add in all other ingredients and stir until completely combined. Add in about 1 cup of add ins if desired.
Spoon onto parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool. Drizzle with melted chocolate chips if desired. Store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days or air tight at room temperature for 2-3 days. If chilled, warm for 10 seconds in the microwave before eating.
- These Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal cookies are WAY better slightly undercooked than over cooked any day. There isn't any flour or eggs in them, so from a safety perspective you are fine. They will dry out if you cook them too long. I tend to cook them right about 8 minutes and 30 seconds most of the time. Ovens are different for sure.
- The chocolate drizzle is totally optional. A white chocolate drizzle is amazing though as well if you are interested!
- For extra flavor, you can add some cinnamon. I usually am not a fan of peanut butter and cinnamon so typically skip it. But the times I have used the cinnamon, the family loves it.
- For dairy free, use melted coconut oil or your favorite oil to bake with.
Calories: 118kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 111mg | Potassium: 137mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 51IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg