Tomato Basil Rotini Pasta Salad
Add this Tomato Basil Rotini Pasta Salad to your next BBQ and add lots of flavor with fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, avocado and freshly shredded Parmesan. This is not your average pasta salad recipe by any means!
- 8 oz. Rotini pasta
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 10 oz. sliced cherry tomatoes
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup thinly chopped red onion
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ - ½ c olive oil
- ½ c grated parmesan romano and/or asiago cheese (optional)
- ⅔ c mozzarella pearls
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
Cook pasta according to package instructions.
Prep and cut all of the vegetables.
In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, red pepper, salt and pepper.
When pasta is cooked al dente, drain. Add spinach immediately and stir. This will allow the spinach to wilt a bit from the heat of the pasta. Transfer to a medium bowl.
Add tomatoes, basil and onion and toss to combine.
Pour the dressing in and stir to coat evenly.
Finally, add the cheeses and toss to combine.
Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to one hour before serving.
- You can make this Tomato Basil Rotini Pasta Salad the night before you intend to serve it. I suggest tossing it before serving with an extra drizzle or so of olive oil.
- Feel free to use your favorite gluten free pasta for this pasta salad. Make sure to follow cooking instructions.
- Have this as a side dish or toss some chicken or other protein in for a full meal!
Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 258mg | Potassium: 211mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1105IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 1mg