Easy Granola Recipe
Homemade granola tastes better and is so much cheaper than store bought. Plus it is the easiest thing to make! This Easy Granola Recipe is a great basic recipe to have on hand--you will never want to eat anything buy homemade again!
- 3 c rolled oats regular or gluten free
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 ½ cup flaked coconut
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 T brown sugar
- ⅓ cup plus 1 T canola oil
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1 T cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
Preheat oven to 300° F.
Combine all ingredients in large bowl and make sure everything is coated evenly.
Spread granola evenly over a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for about 25-30 minutes, shifting or stirring the granola around a bit every halfway.
Let granola cool completely before serving.
Store in an airtight container.
- If you like your granola extra crunchy, you can add an egg white to the mix. That will bring the crunch to the mix.
- If you prefer your granola in big chunks and clusters, use 1 ½ c rolled oats and 1 ½ c quick oats. This will hold together in chunks a bit better versus using 3 cups of rolled oats.
- Do not touch the granola until it is fully cooled. (Easier said than done, right? Just don't dump the whole thing. You can nibble a corner.) This will also allow for more clusters and chunks.
- Granola is done when the liquid has dried and it is golden brown. If you are not sure if yours is ready, these are the best things to look for.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 104mg | Potassium: 215mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 2mg