Banana Bread Overnight Oats
Just like banana bread straight from the oven, but with barely any effort, these Banana Bread Overnight Oats are breakfast you can wake up to--literally, because they are waiting for you in the morning!
- 1/2 mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup rolled oats regular or gluten free
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 2 T chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 T ground flax (optional)
- 2 tsp 100% pure maple syrup
Mash the banana in the bottom of a bowl or jar that can be sealed. Combine all other ingredients and stir well to combine.
Refrigerate overnight or at least about 4 hours. Serve hot or cold.
Garnish with some sliced banana or more nuts if desired.
- Sweeten these banana bread overnight oats to your liking. The banana already adds a decent amount of sweet. I go back and forth on the maple--sometimes I just add a drizzle in the morning when serving.
- I find that overnight oats with banana are best if eaten within 3 days. If you want to make these for the week, add the mashed banana in just before serving for any servings that won't be eaten until day 4 or 5.
Calories: 387kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 60mg | Potassium: 564mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 191mg | Iron: 2mg