Chickpea Avocado Salad
So much color and fresh veggies in this Chickpea Avocado Salad. Packed with protein and a salad that will fill you up. Ready in 20 minutes and a perfect compliment to any meal!
- 2 ripe avocados cut into one inch cubes
- 2 cans chickpeas (approx. 15oz.)
- ½ cup red onion, small diced
- 10 oz. grape tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 English cucumber chopped
- ¼ c red wine vinegar
- ¼ c olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3-4 cups baby arugula
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon dashes of crushed red pepper optional
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 c feta
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, more or less to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Drain and rinse chickpeas. Add to large bowl along with cucumber, tomatoes, onion, baby arugula, feta and avocado. Toss to combine.
Add in the garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil and red wine vinegar. Toss to coat evenly. Chill until ready to serve.
This will keep for about 3-4 days sealed in the refrigerator.
- You can make this Chickpea Avocado Salad a day in advance, however, I suggest waiting to add the avocado until you are ready to serve it. This will make sure the salad is nice and pretty instead of starting off with some brown avocado.
Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 226mg | Potassium: 741mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 760IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 174mg | Iron: 4mg