Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
These Simple and No Bake Peanut Butter Energy Bites are full of hearty oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips and a few other ingredients. Simple and delicious, this recipe is the fuel you will love to energize you throughout the day!
Servings: 15 bites
- 1 cup rolled oats regular or gluten free
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter almond butter will work if you have a peanut allergy
- 1/2 cup flaxmeal
- 2 T 100% pure maple syrup
- 2-3 T honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ c chocolate chips
- ½ c shredded coconut (optional)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
Combine oats, flax, sea salt, and coconut (if using) and stir. Add in peanut butter, maple, honey, vanilla and stir to fully incorporate.
Fold in chocolate chips.
For ease in rolling into balls, freeze for about 10-20 minutes before rolling up.
Roll into bite sized balls. Enjoy!
- If the mixture doesn't seem thick of sturdy enough, add another 1/4 cup of oats or so. Different peanut butters can alter the thickness of the recipe.
- I use creamy, natural peanut butter--the kind you have to stir. I find this kind of peanut butter to be the best for recipes like this. It is so much easier to stir and incorporate into the mixture.
- Seriously, change up the chocolate chips each time you make these peanut butter energy bites. I am obsessed with using white chocolate chips lately. Sometimes, I don't use any chips either ( I know, I know) just to have something different. You can also add a drizzle of chocolate instead on top.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 125mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 7IU | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg