Chocolate Whipped Cream
A handful of simple ingredients and 10 minutes are all you need to make this rich and creamy chocolate whipped cream. Perfect for frosting cakes and cupcakes, topping ice cream and straight from the spoon. A chocolate lover's dream!
Servings: 16 ¼ cup servings
- 2 c heavy whipping cream
- ¼ c heaping cocoa powder
- ⅓ c powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Optional add in: 1 teaspoon espresso powder
In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Using a hand mixer or a standing mixer with a whisk attachment, whip on medium until stiff peaks start to form. This will take 4-5 minutes.
Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy this straight off the spoon or as a light and fluffy frosting for cakes or cupcakes, a filling for desserts and so much more!
- You do NOT want to over whip the cream. Once the stiff peaks start to form, the whipped cream should be ready. It will become lumpy and grainy and look almost like freshly churned butter. However, I have read that whisking in a few extra tablespoons of cream can help fix the problem.
- Temperature matters. Make sure your cream is very cold when making this chocolate whipped cream. You can also chill your bowl and mixer tools if desired. You will be much more successful with cold cream!
- If your whipped cream tastes too bitter, you can add a tablespoon or two more powdered sugar. You can also add a tablespoon of regular sugar. One last option is to add another pinch of salt.
Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 43mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 437IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg