No Bake Chocolate Pie
This easy No Bake Chocolate Pie is going to be your new favorite dessert! Chocolate ganache folded into chocolate whipped cream in an Oreo cookie crust and topped with freshly whipped cream. No baking required and so rich, thick and creamy!
Servings: 10 slices
Prepare the Ganache: You want this to have plenty of time to cool, so making it before the crust is ideal. Combine the chopped chocolate and ¾ cup heavy whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 25 second increments stirring each time, until almost all the way melted. Keep stirring until remaining chocolate melts. Set aside to cool.
Prepare the Oreo Crust: Place Oreos in a food processor. Process until a very fine crumb with no chunks. Combine with melted butter and stir until combines. Press the crust mixture firmly into a 9 inch pie pan. Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
Prepare the Chocolate Layer: Combine 1 ⅓ cups heavy whipping cream, 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder, 2 Tablespoons sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for several minutes or until stiff peaks begin to form.
Very gently, fold the cooled ganache into the chocolate whipped cream until fully combined and no streaks are noticeable. Spread the mixture into the pie pan with the chilled Oreo crust. Refrigerate for about 4 hours to set.
Prepare Whipped Cream Topping: Once the chocolate layer has set, or just before serving, whichever you prefer, beat the whipped cream topping ingredients together until stiff peaks begin to form. Place the whipped cream in the center of the chocolate layer and spread out to the edges evenly. Garnish with chocolate curls, chocolate sprinkles or chopped Oreos.
Chill the pie until ready to serve.
- For easier slicing, use a warm knife. Run your knife under hot water for about 30 seconds before slicing the no bake chocolate cream pie. Wipe clean between each slice with a warm, wet paper towel. You can reheat the knife several times. Also, slicing directly from the refrigerator will make for easier slicing.
- You can line your pie pan with parchment or plastic. I did not find in testing this recipe that greasing the pie dish helped make serving it any easier. If you are concerned that your pie crust will break and what the most beautiful cut slices, you have a few options. You can line your pie pan with parchment or double layer of plastic wrap so that you can easily lift the pie out of the pan when ready. You can also use a 9 or 10 inch spring foam pan so the pan lifts off of the pie. Otherwise, you may have some broken crust here and there but I have never heard anyone complain!
- Running low on time? Opt for cool whip on top. If you are pinched for time, spread cool whip on top of the pie instead of fresh whipped cream. It may not firm up quite as much as the regular whipped cream but will still be great!
- If opting for a store bought Oreo Crust, grab two. Store bought Oreo crusts are smaller than the pan called for in this chocolate pie recipe. While I have not tested it with two store bought crusts, I know the filling amount will be overflowing in just one. Have a second crust on hand just in case!
- Small slices are the way to go! Since this pie is quite rich, I have it listed as 10 slices. They will be smaller slices or you can certainly slice the pie into 8 pieces, or really however much you want, but starting smaller is a good idea.
Calories: 552kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 218mg | Potassium: 282mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 924IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 6mg