Shrimp Taco Salad with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
This simple and delicious Shrimp Taco Salad can easily be whipped up in under 30 minutes and is topped with a creamy cilantro lime dressing. Full of flavor and packed with black beans, avocado, cheese and other favorite toppings. This will be your new go to salad!
For the Salad:
- 8 ounces romaine lettuce (ready or about 7-8 cups chopped)
- 1½ c grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 c corn
- 1 c black beans rinsed
- 1 c cheese
- ¼ c red onion
- Tortilla strips
- 1 avocado, ripe but not too soft diced
Marinade the shrimp. Toss the olive oil, spices, salt and pepper together in a bowl. Allow to sit for up to 30 minutes if desired.
While the shrimp marinates, prepare the cilantro lime dressing. Add all the dressing ingredients into a food processor or blender. (I advise starting with one garlic clove and adding more as desired). Thin the dressing with one teaspoon of water at a time to your liking.
Prepare the salad ingredients and add to salad bowl or dishes. Once set, cook the shrimp. Cook at medium high for about 2-3 minutes each side or until opaque.
When shrimp is cooked, allow to rest for several minutes and then add to salad. Drizzle with dressing and enjoy.
- Prep the salad plates before cooking the shrimp. The shrimp and dressing whip up very fast in this shrimp taco salad. If you prep your bed of lettuce with the avocado, tomatoes, onion, beans and other ingredients before cooking, you will get to enjoy your salad with shrimp that is freshly cooked.
- You can opt to air fry the shrimp if desired. If you would like to air fry, set the air fryer to 400°F and cook for about 5-6 minutes, shaking halfway through. Again, keep an eye on the shrimp as it cooks quickly!
- Storing suggestions. If you are meal prepping or thinking you may have leftovers, store the shrimp in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator. The dressing will last for about a week.