Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
One pan and 20 minutes--that is about all you need to make this simple veggie packed Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner. Use your favorite sausages, all the veggies and serve as is or over rice. The easiest dinner that the entire family will love!
- 12 oz pre-cooked sausages sliced in one inch rounds
- 8 oz. mushrooms halved
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 small/medium sweet potatoes cut into ½ - 1 inch cubes
- 2-3 T olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Chop and prep all of the vegetables and sausages. Preheat oven to 425°F.
Add vegetables and sausages to a large sheet pan. If they don't all fit on one, you can use two pans. Add the olive oil, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Toss well to evenly coat.
Cook for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sausages are starting to become crisp around the edges. Turn the oven to broil for about 2-3 minutes to add a bit more crispiness to the veggies and sausages.
Remove and allow to cool for several minutes before serving. Serve over rice, quinoa or as is!
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be considered an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Lemons + Zest makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
- To save time, chop all of the veggies in advanced. If you chop all the vegetables early, tossing this sausage sheet pan dinner together just before cooking takes only a minute or two.
- While you could cook this meal with the sausages whole, I advise slicing them. Slicing the sausages will allow them to become a bit crispier around the edges and cook fully and more evenly.
- You can peel the sweet potatoes if preferred. We prefer our skins on and don't want to spend any more time on dinner than we have to!
- If you are using a sausage with a higher fat content, it will produce more oil when cooking. When I use Kielbasa for this sausage dinner, I often cut down the olive oil by one tablespoon. The sausage will release more oil than others and I don't want the vegetables to be too oily or soggy.
Calories: 384kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 884mg | Potassium: 749mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 13686IU | Vitamin C: 56mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 2mg