Pan Fried Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
Pan-Fried Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa are so simple and delicious. A simple marinade with the spice level you choose and then topped with a zesty mango salsa for the perfect Taco Tuesday combo! (Or any day of the week, right?) Shrimp cooks up in under ten minutes so you have a simple and super quick dinner ready in no time!
Servings: 6 to 8 tacos
For the Mango Salsa:
- 2 mangoes small diced
- ¼ c red onion, small diced
- 1 Jalapeño
- ⅓ c cilantro, freshly chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
Marinate and Prep the Shrimp: Make sure shrimp is thawed and pat dry. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, spices, salt and pepper. Stir well to coat. Set aside until ready to cook. You can marinate for several minutes to one day.
Make the Mango Salsa: Chop the onion, jalapeño, and dice the mangoes. Toss together with juice of one lime. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Set aside until ready to assemble tacos.
Cook the Shrimp: Heat skillet to medium high. Add the remaining olive oil to skillet and heat until glistening. Add the shrimp to the skillet and spread out to one even layer. Cook for about 3 minutes per side until cooked through. Shrimp will be opaque in color and will curl in tighter when cooked. Transfer immediately to a clean plate.
Assemble the tacos. We usually get about 6 tacos out of this recipe but if you make them small tacos, you can get 8. Spoon the shrimp into warmed tortillas and cover with mango salsa. Add any other toppings you love and enjoy immediately.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be considered an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Lemons + Zest makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
- Do not over cook the shrimp when making your shrimp tacos. It cooks so fast and if you leave it in the skillet it will continue to cook. 120°F is the ideal internal temperature.
- When selecting shrimp, it's good to note that most shrimp is frozen after caught. So unless you know the shrimp you are buying came directly from the boat, it is best to buy frozen shrimp versus shrimp that has been frozen and then thawed and set out before making its way to your kitchen.
- For the best flavor, opt for wild caught shrimp or if you select farm raised, opt for responsibly raised shrimp. This will make for cleaner, crisper shrimp flavor.
- Opt for corn tortillas to make this recipe gluten free. If you have another gluten free tortilla you prefer, that will work as well.
Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 191mg | Sodium: 1011mg | Potassium: 273mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1270IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 162mg | Iron: 3mg