No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
No ice cream maker is required for this fresh, simple No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream. Only 6 ingredients and a few minutes are all you need to whip up this summer dessert that is perfect any season. You will love this ice cream on a cone, in a sundae or straight from the bowl!
- 2 c heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lb strawberries stems removed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅓ c sugar more or less for desired sweetness
- pinch of sea salt optional
Add sliced strawberries, sugar and lemon juice to a medium bowl and toss. Mash the berries well or pulse in a food processor until smooth with some lumps or small pieces here and there.
In another bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream on medium high until stiff peaks start to form. In a separate bowl, add the condensed milk, vanilla and sea salt (if desired) and stir to combine.
Gently fold the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture trying to keep the whipped cream from losing its fullness. Gently stir in the strawberry mixture. Transfer the mixture to a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours or until frozen.
Allow to sit out for about 10 minutes for easier scooping and enjoy!
- The only major issue I have had with making this No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream with chunks of strawberries is that sometimes all the chunks settle together in big chunks. If you leave chunks in your ice cream, stir the ice cream after it has been able to set for about an hour or so to try and spread them out.
- Strawberry ice cream doesn't necessarily mean pink ice cream. You can add a drop or two of red food coloring if you want a richer pink color. There are lots of natural food colorings out there as well if you prefer the pink but don't want the dyes.
- This ice cream makes the BEST ice cream cookie sandwhiches. Spoon slightly softened ice cream onto your favorite cookie (something with chocolate is amazing) and add another on top, pressing gently. Freeze until firm.
Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 69mg | Potassium: 254mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 811IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 151mg | Iron: 1mg