Easy Lemon Orzo Salad with Feta
Simple to prep and so flavorful, this Lemon Orzo Salad is so quick to toss together and a perfect side dish for any meal. Loaded with fresh herbs, cucumbers, peppers and lots of feta. Lemon zest and juice give the salad a vibrant and fresh flavor everyone will love!
- 2 c orzo uncooked
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- ½ red onion, small diced
- 6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ c fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ c fresh basil, chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon 1.5-2 oz juice
- ½ c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T honey
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
Cook orzo according to package instructions. Chop and prep all veggies.
When orzo is cooked al dente, drain the water and then pour cold water over the orzo to cool it off. Drain the water completely.
Add the orzo and all other ingredients into a large bowl (you can wait to add the honey until after tossing.) Toss the salad well. Add more olive oil if desired and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Chill until ready to serve. Toss just before serving and add an extra drizzle of olive oil if desired. Refrigerate in a sealed container for about 5 days.
- While this Lemon Orzo Salad can be eaten freshly tossed, chilling for about 30 minutes will allow the flavors to meld and really soak in. If time allows, try to chill.
- If the salad has been chilling for more than a few hours, add extra olive oil and toss to add back in the moisture that may have been absorbed. For best results, always toss just before serving.
- Add some strips of grilled chicken over top for added protein and make this salad a full meal!
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 388mg | Potassium: 212mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 793IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 1mg