Tortellini Caprese Salad
A twist on the classic, this Tortellini Caprese Salad is the pasta salad of the summer--and every season in between. Toss it together in 10 minutes and enjoy the fresh flavors of basil, tomatoes, cheesy tortellini and a delicious balsamic glaze. A perfect side but also hearty enough for a meal!
- 20 oz cheese tortellini, uncooked approximately 5 cups uncooked
- 10 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz. Mozzarella pearls
- 1 c chopped spinach
- ¼ c chopped basil
- ½ c olive oil
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- Balsamic glaze optional
Cook tortellini according to instructions. Prep and chop all other ingredients and set aside.
When tortellini is cooked al dente, strain the water and then rinse with cool water for a few seconds to cool it slightly. Add the tortellini to a medium to large bowl. Add in the spinach, tomatoes, basil and garlic. Pour over the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and add the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss the salad well to combine.
Chill until ready to serve. When ready to serve, toss well to redistribute the olive oil that is on the bottom of the bowl. Add more olive oil if it seems too dry. Add a drizzle of balsamic glaze just before serving.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Add extra olive oil when serving if the tortellini caprese salad has been sitting in the refrigerator for more than a couple of hours as the olive oil will be absorbed and can dry up the pasta a bit.
- Always toss just before serving to redistribute the olive oil that sets to the bottom.
Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 481mg | Potassium: 112mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 568IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 217mg | Iron: 2mg