Mini Egg Cheesecake Cookie Bars
A festive spring or Easter dessert, these Mini Egg Cheesecake Cookie Bars include a Cadbury mini egg filled cookie layer with a cheesecake layer and then topped with more cookie. Colorful, delicious and only 15 minutes to prep!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 24 servings
For the Cookie Layers:
- 1 c butter melted
- ¾ c light brown sugar
- ½ c sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ c flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ c Cadbury mini eggs
- 1 c choc chips
For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 1 8 oz. block of cream cheese softened
- ⅓ c sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, brown and white sugars and whisk to incorporate.
Add eggs and vanilla and whisk to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
Fold in 1 cup crushed mini eggs and chocolate chips. Chill cookie dough until cheesecake layer is ready.
To make the cheesecake layer, beat with a hand or standing mixer the sugar and softened cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add in egg and vanilla and beat to fully combine.
In a greased 9x13 baking pan, press ⅔ of the cookie dough mixture. Spread the cheesecake mixture evenly on top. Set thin layers of the remaining cookie dough gently on top of the cream cheese layer. Sprinkle remaining crushed mini eggs on top.
Bake for about 32-36 minutes or until cheesecake layer is set and cookie begins to brown. Start checking between minute 28-30 as all ovens vary. You can stick a toothpick in the center to make sure the middle isn't completely raw.
Allow to cool and then chill for about 2 hours before cutting and serving. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week. Allow the cookie bars to sit out for about 15-20 minutes before serving.
- For best results, measure your flour by stirring it first to aerate, and then scooping it into the measuring cup and leveling with a knife. Scooping your measuring cup into the flour can make for quite a bit extra flour and that makes for dry cookie bars.
- Make sure your butter is melted, but not hot. Allow it to sit out for a bit after melting if it seems to be very hot.
- Chill these Mini Egg Cheesecake Cookie Bars for about 2 hours at least before serving. This will allow the cheesecake layer to firm up for easier cutting.
- Allow the bars to sit out for about 15-20 minutes before serving to allow the cookie layer to soften up slightly.
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 213mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 431IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1mg