Simple No Boil Lasagna
No need to boil the noodles--this simple No Boil Lasagna is easy to whip up and is loaded with thin sliced meatballs that makes for a delicious, comforting pasta meal.
- 1 package no boil lasagna noodles (9 oz.)
- 2 jars marinara (24 oz.) I use about a little over a jar and a half
- 2 c cottage cheese, small curd
- 4 c mozzarella shredded and divided
- 1 c parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
- 1 egg, large
- 15-18 precooked meatballs (approximately 2 inches) thawed if frozen
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a medium bowl, add the cottage cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, parmesan cheese, garlic, egg, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Slice the meatballs and set aside.
Spray a 9x13 baking pan with oil. Add about 1 cup marinara sauce to the bottom of the pan and spread evenly making sure the entire bottom is covered. Layer 4 uncooked pasta sheets, slightly overlapping if necessary.
Spread sauce over top of the layer of pasta and spread to cover. Add ⅓ of the cheese mixture over top of the sauce and spread evenly to cover. Layer meatballs on top of the cheese, close together. Sprinkle about ½ cup of mozzarella on top of the meatballs. Add another layer of pasta on top.
Repeat the process of step 4 two more times. Cover the final layer with the enough sauce to cover all of the edges. Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes or until the sauce is lightly boiling and the pasta is softened.
Add the remaining mozzarella on top and bake for 10 more minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- I often prep this no boil lasagna a day or several or more hours in advance. This allows the flavors to really meld into the recipe. Plus, that means all I have to do is pop it in the oven an hour before dinner.
- As far as the meatballs--it's a lot of meat to add them to every layer. If this seems like too much, feel free to take the meat out of the middle layer. I do it sometimes, but not when we are entertaining, that's for sure!
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 1227mg | Potassium: 502mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 844IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 334mg | Iron: 2mg