Pulled Pork Nachos
Game day is not complete without a big pile of cheesy nachos! Skip the same old, and make these super simple Pulled Pork Nachos with melt in your mouth, juicy seasoned pork that will for sure be the real winner before halftime is here!
For the Pulled Pork:
- 2½ - 3 lb pork shoulder/butt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- ¼ c apple cider vinegar
- ½ c water
For the Nachos:
- 8-10 oz. bag of nacho chips
- 1⅓ c cheddar cheese, shredded
- ⅔ c monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, small diced
- ¼ c red onion, small diced
- ½ c cilantro
- 1 avocado, cut into small cubes
- ⅓ c sour cream or Greek yogurt
For the Slow Cooked Pork:
Pour the apple cider vinegar and the water into the bottom of the slow cooker pot. Place the pork shoulder in the liquid. Cover the pork with the salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne, chili powder and paprika. Cover and heat on low for 8 hours or high for 5-6 hours.
When the pork is cooked, remove it from the slow cooker and shred it. It should fall apart very easily at this point. Put it in a bowl and set aside until ready to add to the nachos. Make sure there is no excess liquid in your pork so it doesn't make the nachos soggy.
For the Pulled Pork Nachos:
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lay the nacho chips evenly on a baking sheet.
Spread the pork over top of the chips and then spread the cheese over top. Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Layer on all of the other nacho ingredients and serve immediately!
- If you want your pork to be a bit crispy, place it on a baking pan in an even layer and broil it on high for 4-6 minutes before adding it on top of the nachos.
- Shred the pork outside of the slow cooker, removed from the juices. This way, you won't end up with soggy nachos from extra juices. I even place the pork in a strainer to let any excess liquid drain out.
- Other fun toppings you may enjoy: guacamole, pico de gallo, black beans, corn, black olives, pinto beans and so much more!
Calories: 448kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 516mg | Potassium: 598mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 880IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 285mg | Iron: 2mg