Apple Dump Cake
This easy Apple Dump Cake takes no more than 15 minutes to prep and is 6 ingredients! Prep the recipe in the same dish you bake it in for less mess to clean up!
- 1 box spice cake mix (15.25 oz.)--yellow cake works too
- 6-7 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ c brown sugar, packed
- ½ c sugar
- ¾ c butter (more as needed, see below)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan well with butter.
Peel and slice apples into small, 1/4 inch thick pieces. Layer them evenly in the greased baking pan. Add the sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon to the apples and toss to coat evenly. Pour the dry cake mix over top of the apples and spread evenly.
Thinly slice the butter and evenly spread over top of the cake mix. If the butter pieces touch, that is okay!
Bake the dump cake for about 45-55 minutes, checking to make sure there are no dry spots about half way through. If you see any areas where the butter has not melted into, add a slice of butter to cover the area and continue baking. The apples will be bubbling and the top layer will be golden brown when the apple dump cake is ready.
Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Store in the refrigerator sealed for up to one week.
- For best results, have extra butter on hand for back up. About half way through baking, make sure there aren't any dry spots where the butter was not absorbed. Add small pieces of butter over these parts. That way you will have a moist top layer throughout!Spice cake mix tends to need a bit more butter than the yellow cake mix. You most likely won't need more with the yellow cake mix.
- For a SUPER quick version, you could use two cans of apple pie filling and cover the filling with the cake mix. I much prefer the fresh apples but I get it, sometimes time isn't on our side.
Calories: 394kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 387mg | Potassium: 256mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 404IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg