Slow Cooker Beer Brisket Chili
A touch of beer in this simple Brisket Chili brings out the flavor and spices. Slow cooked to perfection, this chili is a perfect cozy dish that will warm you up on a cold day!
- 3-4 lb beef brisket (trimmed and cut into 1 - 1½ inch pieces)
- 2 cans kidney beans (15.5 oz.), rinsed and drained
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 12 oz. can IPA beer
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 oz.), liquid drained
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 oz.)
- 1 can tomato paste (6 oz.)
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ T chili powder
- 1 T cumin
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper (less if you don't want much spice)
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- hot sauce (optional: we add about 1 teaspoon)
Trim and cut the brisket (see video in post linked above) and chop all of the veggies.
Place the brisket into the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Toss to season evenly. Pour the beer over the meat and allow it to settle for a few minutes. Add the peppers and onions on top.
Add the beans (rinsed), diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and spices on top of the veggies and gently stir the ingredients to mix in the seasonings. Cover and set the slow cooker to cook on low for 8 hours or high 5-6 hours, or until the meat is super tender and falls apart easily.
About 10 minutes or so before serving, stir in the tomato paste to thicken as desired. Serve with all of your favorite toppings!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can also freeze this brisket chili.
- If you don't want to cut up your meat and save some time in the beginning, or you want more of a shredded brisket style chili, you can put the brisket in whole to the slow cooker. The catch is that you will have to pull it apart/shred it before serving. Totally up to you, it's actually how my husband prefers it. I like the big chunks.
- Due to the addition of the beer, this chili may seem thin. Add extra tomato paste to thicken it up. You can also skip the tomato sauce.
Calories: 460kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 489mg | Potassium: 1554mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1717IU | Vitamin C: 59mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 9mg