Pan Seared White Wine Chicken
Simple, delicious Pan Seared chicken in a rich white wine, buttery sauce is juicy, flavorful and feels extra fancy! But don't worry, this chicken dinner whips up in 20 minutes and compliments any dinner!
- 3-4 chicken breasts (about 1 ½ lbs.)
- 3 T unsalted butter
- ½ c white wine
- ½ c chicken stock
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6-8 fresh thyme sprigs
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 T olive oil
Pat chicken dry and season both sides with salt and pepper.
Add olive oil to skillet at medium-high and heat for about 2-3 minutes or until shimmering. Place the chicken breasts into the oil and do not touch at all for about 6-7 minutes.
Flip the chicken and once again, allow it to cook for about 6-7 minutes without touching. Flip it back over and add in the chicken stock, wine, butter, garlic and thyme to the skillet. Once the butter is melted, stir the mixture and spoon it over the chicken several times.
Allow the chicken to cook another 4-6 minutes or until it has reached an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove the chicken from the skillet and allow it to rest several minutes before serving. Spoon remaining white wine sauce over chicken when serving.
- It is ideal for your chicken breasts to be the same thickness. This will allow for them to cook the same amount of time. You can pound the chicken to even them out. Chicken that is about one/one and a half inches thick is ideal for the times given in this recipe.
- I find that oil sprays out a bit at me when cooking at this high heat on stove top. I sometimes Take a piece of foil and fold it in half to make a little tent to help catch the oil. That stuff is hot! Here are some other ideas as well.
- Make sure to use a large enough skillet for this pan seared chicken. I use at least a 10 inch skillet when making this recipe.
Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 132mg | Sodium: 534mg | Potassium: 691mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 313IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg